Melbourne Sports Directory
Do you like the Sports in Melbourne?
Melbourne is a city that is famous for its love for sports. From cricket to footy, Melbourne has a sport for everyone. There are several sports organisations in and around the city that promote and organise different sports. These organisations have various activities that encourage people to participate and connect with each other. Here is a categorised list of some sports organisations that operate in and around Melbourne, Victoria.
1. Football organisations:
- Melbourne Football Club: Melbourne Football Club is one of the oldest and most integral football clubs in Victoria. The club was founded in 1858, and it has contributed to the development of Australian Rules Football. The club actively participates in the AFL, and it conducts a range of activities to promote the sport. Contact details: Phone – 1300 DEMONS
- Carlton Football Club: Carlton Football Club is another prestigious football club in Victoria. The club has a glorious history, and it actively participates in the AFL. It has different programs that promote the sport among children and adults. Contact details: Phone – (03) 9387 1400
2. Cricket organisations:
- Cricket Victoria: Cricket Victoria is the governing body for cricket in Victoria. The organisation works towards the development and promotion of cricket in the state. It has different programs that are designed to encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to take up cricket. Contact details: Phone - (03) 9680 6100
- Melbourne Cricket Club: Melbourne Cricket Club is one of the oldest cricket clubs in Australia. The club is located at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, and it has a lot of programs that promote cricket among children and adults. Contact details: Phone - (03) 9657 8888
3. Tennis organisations:
- Tennis Victoria: Tennis Victoria is the governing body for Tennis in Victoria. It is responsible for managing the sport at different levels. The organisation has programs for juniors, seniors and people with disabilities. It also helps in the development of coaches and officials. Contact details: Phone - (03) 8420 8420
- Melbourne Park: Melbourne Park is a world-class tennis facility that is located in the heart of Melbourne. The facility has 20 outdoor courts and 8 indoor courts. It offers different programs for adults and juniors. Contact details: Phone - (03) 9286 1600
4. Netball organisations:
- Netball Victoria: Netball Victoria is the governing body for netball in Victoria. The organisation is responsible for the development and promotion of netball in the state. It has programs for juniors, seniors, and umpires. Contact details: Phone - (03) 9321 2222
- Melbourne Vixens: Melbourne Vixens is a professional netball club that participates in the Suncorp Super Netball League. The club is dedicated to promoting netball and encouraging participation among young girls. Contact details: Phone - (03) 8340 2000
5. Basketball organisations:
- Basketball Victoria: Basketball Victoria is the governing body for basketball in Victoria. The organisation is responsible for the promotion and development of basketball. It has programs for juniors, seniors, and referees. It also provides resources for coaches and clubs. Contact details: Phone - (03) 9837 8000
- Melbourne United: Melbourne United is a professional basketball team that participates in the National Basketball League. The team has a range of programs that promote basketball among young people. Contact details: Phone - (03) 8412 4900
Melbourne is a city that is dedicated to sports. There are several sports organisations in and around the city that promote different types of sports. These organisations provide a platform for people to participate in sports, develop their skills, and connect with others who share the same passion. The above list is just a snapshot of the different activities and benefits offered by these organisations. If you're interested in getting involved in sports in Melbourne, contact one of these organisations to find out more about their programs.
Melbourne Sports Articles