Melbourne Event Calendar
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 1
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Melbourne event simply Login
Events in and around Melbourne
As the seasons change in Melbourne, so do the exciting events and activities that are on offer for residents and tourists alike. From outdoor festivals and markets to indoor exhibitions and performances, there is always something to do in this vibrant city. Whether you are looking for family-friendly entertainment or a night out with friends, Melbourne has it all.
Spring: September - November
Spring in Melbourne is a time of renewal and celebration. The city comes alive with bright colors, cheerful music, and delicious food. Here are some of the must-see events happening during the spring:
1. Melbourne Fringe Festival: This annual festival takes place in September and features some of the most innovative and boundary-pushing performances in theater, music, and comedy. The festival is held at various venues around the city, so be sure to check the schedule for upcoming shows.
2. Royal Melbourne Show: The Royal Melbourne Show is a beloved event that takes place at the Melbourne Showgrounds in September/October. There are animals to see, rides to ride, and plenty of food to eat. It's a perfect day out for the whole family.
3. Melbourne Cup: Known as "the race that stops a nation", the Melbourne Cup is a horse racing event that takes place every year in November. In addition to the races, there are plenty of fashion contests and entertainment to keep you busy.
Summer: December - February
Summer in Melbourne is all about enjoying the outdoors. From beaches to parks, there are plenty of fun events that take advantage of the warm weather. Here are some of the top events to check out:
1. St Kilda Festival: A free annual festival held in early February that celebrates the vibrant music and arts scene in St Kilda. The festival features live music, street performers, and food vendors.
2. Australian Open: Held in January, the Australian Open is one of the biggest events in tennis and brings the world's best players to Melbourne. It's a great opportunity to see some incredible matches and soak up the summer sun.
3. Midsumma Festival: Celebrated in January, Midsumma is a festival that celebrates the LGBTQIA+ community in Melbourne. There are plenty of parties, parades, and cultural events to enjoy throughout the city.
Autumn: March - May
Autumn in Melbourne is a time of transition and reflection. The weather may start to cool down, but the events in the city only heat up. Here are some of the top events to check out during the autumn:
1. Melbourne International Comedy Festival: Held in March and April, this is one of the biggest comedy festivals in the world and attracts some of the funniest performers from around the globe.
2. Melbourne Food and Wine Festival: With more than 250 events spread out over two weeks in March, the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival is perfect for foodies and wine lovers. There are wine tastings, food pairings, and cooking classes to enjoy.
3. Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show: Held in late March, this is Australia's biggest garden festival and is perfect for those who love flowers and gardening. There are displays from the world's best landscapers and plenty of inspiration for your own garden.
Winter: June - August
Winter in Melbourne may be chilly, but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of fun events and activities to enjoy. Here are some of our top picks for the winter season:
1. Melbourne International Film Festival: Held in July/August, this festival features some of the best international films, documentaries, and shorts. With more than 300 films on offer, there is something for everyone.
2. The Big Design Market: Held in early August, this is the biggest market of its kind in Australia and features some of the best designers and makers from around the country. There are plenty of unique gifts and treats to be found.
3. Winter Night Market: Held every Wednesday during winter, the Winter Night Market is a foodie's dream come true. There are more than 30 food stalls to choose from, as well as live music, fire pits, and plenty of mulled wine to keep you warm.
No matter what time of year it is, Melbourne always has something to offer. From world-class festivals to unique markets and exhibitions, there is something for everyone in this incredible city. Don't miss out on the excitement – check out the events happening in Melbourne today.
Melbourne Fringe Festival: +61 3 9660 9600
Royal Melbourne Show: 1300 656 547
Australian Open: +61 3 9036 7000
St Kilda Festival: (03) 9209 6545
Midsumma Festival: (03) 9296 6600
Melbourne International Comedy Festival: +61 03 9245 3700
Melbourne Food and Wine Festival: (03) 9823 6100
Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show: (03) 9864 1111
Melbourne International Film Festival: (03) 8660 4898
The Big Design Market: (03) 9077 0137
Winter Night Market: (03) 9320 5822